Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

Woree State School has an Enrolment Officer and appointments for enrolment can be made by contacting the school office It is school policy that every student has an enrolment interview.  

Parents or caregivers may enrol children at any time during the school year. Enrolment packages are available from the school office. Following enrolment, student’s class placements are negotiated, with consideration of factors including age appropriateness, gender balance in classes, academic performance, need for peer-friends, longevity of enrolment and social/emotional needs.

Required documents

When enrolling a child there are certain documents that need to be sighted by the school. These include:

  • The child’s birth certificate
  • Any illness, allergies and prescribed medications
  • Passports / visas for children who were born overseas
  • Permission for children’s photos to be published for media/internet use
  • Any current legal access order details
  • One primary source showing address – a current lease agreement or unconditional sale agreement, and
  • One secondary source showing address – a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas), or rates notice showing this same address and parent’s/legal guardian’s name


Parents are asked to supply current custodial details upon enrolment. Copies of documentary evidence are required so that the school can deal with any event with sensitivity. Information regarding Legal access orders or custody order details will be treated carefully to ensure that the rights of the child and caregivers are safeguarded.

Please contact the school enrolment officer for more information. 

Medical details and emergency contacts

Details of any medical conditions or allergies should be discussed at the time of enrolment or as diagnosed. Phone numbers of alternate emergency contacts, are required in the event that parents/caregivers are unable to be contacted.  

Students with disabilities 

Students with Disabilities are enrolled by the Enrolment Officer and Head of Special Education. For more information, please contact the school enrolment officer.